Sustainable Solutions – Our commitment to the environment
Throughout the Australian combustible cladding crisis, the government has mandated Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) with high percentages of polyethylene (PE) to be removed from buildings. This has created new problems with many of this material ending up in landfills.
Although all of our Aluminium Facade Systems ProClad products are 100% solid aluminium and 100% recyclable, we want to do our part in protecting our environment by providing a full solution to recycle other combustible ACP cladding removed from Australian buildings which results in diversion from landfills.
We have partnered with PanelCycle because they promote a circular economy that moves away from single use products by feeding recyclables into the manufacturing stage to re-use the embodied carbon within the existing, now redundant ACP cladding panels.
The strategy of PanelCycle is in line with the key current priorities for all levels of government:
• Reducing plastic and aluminium waste
• Removal of non-compliant combustible cladding from building sites
The PanelCycle Recycling Process
- Together with Aluminium Facade Systems, PanelCycle will organise a customised transport solution to collect the materials removed from your site and transport this to our facility.
- The recycling process consists of the collected panels being broken down through specialised equipment and then separated into aluminium & polyethylene using pulse air & electrostatic separation.
- The aluminium will be used for manufacturing of recycled building materials whilst the polyethylene will be re-manufactured into other products where the combustible properties of the polyethylene is not an issue. All manufacturing of end product will take place in Australia.
- On completion, we will provide a project specific report for each individual project. The report will provide full transparency from the moment the ACP leaves your site through to completion of manufacturing into final products. This report will be audited by a third party and certified.
Aluminium Facade Systems and Alspec are committed to the best sustainability practices. For more information on this, please email [email protected] or call 1300 252 523.